Saturday, May 14, 2011

Specialized Vita Women's bike 2011



I've had the same Minelli Mojave Hybrid bike that I bought at the Natex bike store at the Geilenkirchen Air Base in Germany back in 1992. It has served me well. I used to commute to Afcent School from my flat on Kerkstraat, Brunssum, The Netherlands and to cycle from village to village in South Limburg. Since returning to Canada, I've used it to cycle around the village here and outings in Ottawa and Montreal. It has a saddlebags and a front basket for shopping. I still love it but it's a bit heavy.

I did some research and I decided to buy a Specialized Vita hybrid bike. It is light and fast enough for me, a youthful 48 year old woman who likes to kayak, swim and cycle for fitness but mostly for fun.



I had the bike shop add a computer on it so I can tell how far, how long and how fast I ride. It's a great motivational factor.

I'm looking forward to cycling around the Kamouraska area this summer.
Love my bikes.

If I ever buy another bike, I'm thinking about getting really slow and clunky, something like the Eletra Asterdam.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home