Saturday, April 30, 2011

REading A big storm knocked it over by Laurie Colwin/Colwyn

I decided to read this book which I purchased at the big used book faire put on by the Gatineau libraries every year.
I'm reading and analyzing it as I take a bit of a break from writing my novel. She passed away in 1992. I looked her up. She was 48, my age, when she passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack. It could happen. Gosh. I had better get off my butt and do things. Is it time for a bucket list?

Walk in Cotswold with Susy
Walk the Amalfi coast with Susy
Publish a novel
Publish a collection of short stories for kids
Publish a kids novel
Visit monarch sanctuaries?
Spend more time with family and friends
Kayak more
Get back into songwriting
Record and album of some of my favourite original songs
Visit Cornwall England
Visit Scotland and Ireland
Volunteer with whale biologists on North Coast of St-Lawrence

When I'm writing my novel, I feel as engaged and as enthralled with its characters and setting as when I read a novel by Maeve Binchy or Rosamund Pilcher, mes auteurs fétiches.

I have to work on the novel's plot. I might try the index card idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home