Monday, September 12, 2005

Back to s.....

If I haven't updated in awhile it's because it's that time again. I have 16 kids in my grade 6 class. They are eager to learn and make going to work a joy every day. With such a small class size, I've been able to put the students' desk on one side of the room and a living room area with cushy furniture near the windows. I hooked up a third computer which was donated last year and I set up a puzzle table.

We will welcom a student teacher who will be with us until just before Christmas. I almost hate sharing this fine bunch of kids with someone else.

I have been pretty glued to the CNN like a lot of folks because of Hurricane Katrina's devastation. Yes, CNN, the CBC employes are locked-out until who knows when. I took a break from the news channel yesterday after coming in from my garden to catch the Agassi and Federer match at the US open. I was rooting loud enough for the neighbours to hear and hopefully Andre too but Federer cranked it up at the last moment.

Souris was sterilized last Thursday and I heard that her brothers were all "fixed" too. She was pretty groggy but life is back to normal and she and Spike are back to boxing. It was interesting to see Spike's reaction to Souris when she came back from the clinic. He sort of "knew" that shw wasn't feeling well and besides coming up to her slowly to sniff her , she was left alone. Tite-Minou would sometimes get in the basket and sleep with her.

Ok, I gotta get another cup o' java and jump in the shower. Monday, Monday....lalaaaaaaaaa, lalalala............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home