Thursday, July 14, 2005

Heat, humidity and storms

Ok I remember saying that Tite-Minou was nice and her babies were wild but I would to edit that: Her babies are tame and Tite-Minou is wild. I think that she will always be an outdoor cat. She's ripped up the upstairs bathroom screen to get out. Well , she did that after she was spayed and the vet recommended a 7 to 10 day convalescence. Ha!!! We managed to keep her indoors for maybe 48 hours. During the night when she insisted on going out , I'd put her in the basement workshop with her litter , food , water, bed. After that, we figured that if she wanted to go out, then go out!

On the flip side, before being spayed Tite-Minou had a 4 mouse a day habit , she's down to a mouse every 36 hours. Maybe some day she will be convinced that she won't go hungry again.

When Tite-Minou goes out, she drives her kitten, Souris, nuts by going from door to door and window to window meowing at her. Often enticing her with a fresh mouse. Souris goes nuts. Souris is a great kitten when her Mom is not around. She is declawed and purrfectly happy indoors. I called a colleague of mine to see if he was still interested in adopting Tite-Minou.

We are still playing door number 1 , door number 2 and door number 3 with Spike, Tite-Minou and Souris. Evryone once in awhile we let all of doors open. Spike hisses and little bit less each time, especially when we give him ham, or salmon, or bbq'd pork, then he just complains with his mouth full.

I decided yesterday , being the delinquent music student that I am, that I must master 2 piano pieces from memory, so that when asked at a party to sit down and "play something" I won't look like a complete idiot. I've chosen to perfect Massenet's Eligie and Beethoven's Danse Villagoeise. I need to add something jazzy to my repertoire afterwards.

I'm going to do the same for the guitar which I have neglected over the past few years. I'll keep Eric Clapton's accoustic version of Before you accuse me and maybe add Carole King's You've got a friend. I'm open to suggestions.

I've beating the heat and humidity in Southern Quebec by running under our outdoor shower with my bathing suit on , in between weeding the flower beds, kayaking and swimming in my siter-in-law's pool.
My better half and I cycle everyday. Before the heat hits and later in the evening.
I hope to get to the Just for Laughs Festival in Montreal: www.hahaha.com
And tomorrow to hte National Art Gallery for Michael Angelo and Leonardo Da Vinci: http://www.gallery.ca/exhibitions/exhibitions/renaissance/english/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home