Sunday, January 24, 2010

pyjamas and coffee Sunday morning



Listening to CBC Spark podcast, sipping coffee, stuffing kitty toys into catnip ziplock bag, uploading photos.

Agathe lent me a rag rug loom and I started weaving with scraps when the cats let me.






Went to Ottawa with Susy yesterday. Awesome winter day. Went to Chapters, Michael's and Ikea.





Bought and read a third of Alfie Kohn's "The Homework Myth". Bought Michael Morpugo' Kaspar, Prince of cats and Louis Sachar's Wayside School book 1.





I'd gone to Chapters hoping to find some of the kids magazines that I'd like to research. I am so disappointed. Besides Yes, Owl, Chickadee, National Geographic's Kids, all of which don't really publish new writers, there was a load of unappealing (to me) magazines about preteen and teen celebs, fashion puff and boy advice type of schlock full of advertising.





I'm going to have to find a way to get U.S. stamps so that I can send S.A.S.E. envelopes so that I can read the mags that I had shortlisted. Any ideas?





I stopped off at an educational store on the way home and found a mini Spirograph kit. Psyched!!! I had just been wondering whatever happened to my spirograph kit.





And after I've given away all of my Scrabble games, my partner tells me that he'd like to play.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home