Friday, October 28, 2005

Ode to Spike (17 years , 2 months) August 25, 1988- October 28, 2005

I wanted a cat
Most of the kitties
were stretching their paws out
to me
to get my attention
Not you, little one
And you sat in your Humane Society cage
staring right at me, calmly
with a cocked head
and all of the dignity
a 3 month old kitten could gather
"You're a funny little guy arenn't you?",
I thought
I took you out
And
it was love
at first cuddle
I took you home
and
you were playful
but
a real lover
I'll miss that
In the city, I'd take you to the park
and we'd together read in the shade
We even went to the beach together
You saw me through the most difficult times of my life
You were the thread in my adult years
You could retrieve as good as any Lab
You loved a good dinner party
You were a good traveller
More importantly
You were my baby
Thank you for all of the good years

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home